Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Fireworks

Fireworks. The Fourth of July. Music and cheers. At times I don't feel very patriotic, and the bursts of explosive light resemble too closely "the bombs bursting in air" over several nations of the world. All in all, though I enjoy the spontaneous glow and colorful displays.

Fireworks. Fireworks between people: sometimes meaning an argument, and sometimes meaning a romantic feeling. I prefer the latter. The spark-like emotion is passionate or on-fire, if you will.

My favorite fireworks are the ones that cling to the air for a little while and fall through the sky resembling a weeping-willow tree. They are slow, which is contrary to most explosions. Sometimes they continue to burst into smaller willow trees. It's a pyrotechnic wonder.

My favorite fireworks are my favorite relationships. They stick around for a while. There's an element of passionate explosion, and yet something slow and graceful about the way the stages of the relationship float through time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home