Tuesday, June 13, 2006

PINK

I am a feminist who likes to wear pink.

My mother had a pink bridesmaid gown in her closet when I was growing up. It was shiny, bright pink and had a full skirt with a bow, no a BOW, on the back. I remember seeing photos from the wedding, and my mother was also wearing a pink bow, no a PINK BOW, in her hair, too.

If I get married...If I have a wedding...If I have bridesmaids...I don't think I will make them wear pink. You can never say never, though. I'm a stylish and fashionable person. My sympathy for women who are forced to wear PINK BOWS and pink dresses could fade into the color palette that is in season.

I do like pink. It is one of my favorite colors. I don't like the stereotypical association of pink with all things girly, all things Barbie doll or all things fairy princess.

Don't get me wrong...I'm one of the first people to be girly and I think Barbie dolls are okay, and fairy princesses deserve as much chance as anyone at an education.

I hope to have the strength and the common sense to continue in my progressive feminist ways, and like (and wear) pink at the same time. PINK is what you make of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home